Vessel boarded by outfitted men in Gulf of Oman discharged – UKMTO
Boat boarded by outfitted men in Gulf of Oman is discharged
“Vessel and group are protected,” UKMTO said
DUBAI: A vessel that was loaded up by outfitted men at grapple in the Gulf of Oman on Tuesday has been discharged, the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) said.
“Vessel and group are protected,” it said in a refreshed warning, encouraging all vessels in the region to stay cautious.
UKMTO had before said the vessel had been at grapple around three nautical miles (nm) off Ras Al Kuh.
Sea security firm Dryad Global independently tweeted that a Hong Kong-hailed vessel had been discharged. It prior said the boat had been at grapple standing by to approach Jubail in Saudi Arabia.
“At 12:48 UTC the vessel was demonstrated to be in progress towards the Iranian coastline. At 14:28UTC the vessel was demonstrated to be stationary at a position 4nm off Mogh-e Qanbareh-ye Kuh Mobarak,” Dryad’s report said.
It said the vessel was “almost certain to be the vessel of concern”, yet included that it was “muddled whether the vessel is in trouble or is being helped by Iran somehow or another”.